Job posted by: Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston
Posted on: January 31, 2014
JF&CS Services for People with Disabilities & Mental Illnessare grounded in the belief that all people with disabilities should live with dignity in the community and enjoy the rights afforded their peers regardless of their differences. JF&CS is committed to providing services for people with disabilities and their families that reflect the values of individual autonomy, community inclusion, and care continuity. JF&CS is non-sectarian, and welcomes staff and clients from all faith traditions.
The In-Home therapy team provides strength-based therapy to families, children, and youth under 21 years old who have significant behavioral health needs. Therapists are Master's level clinicians whose home based interventions are designed to enhance and improve the family's ability to provide effective support for the youth's successful functioning. Therapists provide evaluation, therapy, crisis intervention, stabilization, and case management to children, adolescents, and their families as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Fee for service opportunities to start, with transition opportunities into full time, with generous paid time off and paid holidays. Mileage Reimbursement. Weekly individual clinical supervision is provided; LICSW supervision provided for licensure.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct comprehensive home based behavioral assessment including the CANS; risk management, safety, and treatment planning;
• Provide weekly family, parent and child therapy in the family home
• Provide 24/7 phone crisis response (on call) on rotating basis;
• Identification of community resources and development of natural supports for youth and parent/guardian/caregiver
• Care coordination including: Direct time with providers (e.g., attendance at IEP meetings, hospital discharge meetings, Care Planning Team (CPT) meetings (for Members enrolled in ICC), etc.)
• Collaboration with care coordinator (for youth enrolled in ICC services) and/or other behavioral health service providers
• Actively participate in staff, treatment team, and larger systems meetings.
• Local travel to family homes.
• Master's Degree in Social Work or related discipline (or equivalent direct experience). Massachusetts license preferred (LCSW, LICSW, LMHC, LMFT).
• Experience working therapeutically with children and adolescents with serious mental health issues and/or behavioral disorders and their families
• Experience with strength-based assessment and development of treatment plans based on clear clinical formulations and knowledge of collateral systems.
• Capable of working collaboratively within a team structure.
• Successful candidates will have demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Familiar with and sensitive to diverse cultures and ethnicities,
• Reliable transportation and proof of valid auto registration, auto insurance, and driver's license.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
To apply for employment opportunities, please reply to this ad and/or send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Jewish Family & Children's Service 1430 Main Street Waltham, MA 02451 Attn: Human Resources -or- Fax: 781-693-5072
We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*PLEASE PUT THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MESSAGE*
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.