The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of Staff Accountant.
The National Abortion Federation (NAF) is the professional association of abortion providers. NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and patients. NAF members include clinics, hospitals, and physicians' offices who together care for approximately half the women who choose abortion in the U.S. and Canada each year. Our members also include public hospitals and both public and private clinics in Mexico City and private clinics in Colombia.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivable (A/R) functions for NAF, the NAF Hotline Fund, and NAF Canada.
The Staff Accountant provides accounting and administrative support to include performing accounting and other financial management tasks such as maintaining general ledger, recording deposits, handling accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions, assisting in submitting payroll and developing program and agency budgets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Enter A/P and cut checks;
- Enter A/R;
- Deposit incoming checks on a daily basis;
- Prepare and transmit payroll and serve as liaison with payroll processor;
- Prepare monthly journal entries;
- Assist in reconciling monthly general ledger accounts;
- Prepare schedules for annual audit;
- Prepare schedules for NAF and NAF HLF budgets;
- Handle correspondence concerning aged accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, invoicing, credit card processing and other financial transactions;
- Manage and reconcile petty cash;
- Assist in the reconciliation of monthly credit card statement;
- Maintain accounting files;
- Process employee expense reimbursements; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to women's reproductive rights;
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in non-profit accounting in a high volume accounts payable and cash receipts (dues and events) environment;
- Detail-oriented accounting professional with excellent communications skills;
- Tact and ability to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive personnel and organizational matters;
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word;
- Peachtree accounting software package experience preferred; and
- Experience working with online payroll processing a plus.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits. Position is located in Washington, DC.
The National Abortion Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If there is interest in your application for this position, you will be contacted by a member of our organization. No phone calls, please.
1090 Vermont Ave NW
Washington, DC, US 20005
Employment type:Full Time