Job posted by: Leadership For Educational Equity
Posted on: February 1, 2014
Title: Regional Director, Dallas-Fort Worth & San Antonio
Organization: Leadership for Educational Equity
Team: Field Engagement
Location: Dallas or San Antonio
About Leadership for Educational Equity:
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonpartisan leadership development organization that inspires our members towards civic engagement. LEE is dedicated to empowering Teach For America corps members and alumni to grow as leaders in their communities and help build the movement for educational equity. For more information on LEE's mission, vision and core values, please visit http://educationalequity.org/about/mission/.
LEE is a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment and is committed to continuous improvement.
LEE is seeking a senior leader to serve as Regional Director for the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio regions. Currently there are six Regional Directors based in regions across the country. The Regional Director, Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio sits on the Field Engagement team and serves as LEE's leader on the ground. Regional Directors drive our local impact in regions across the country by: (1) organizing a base of civically engaged members and (2) by helping our members assume leadership roles in policy, advocacy, organizing and as elected officials. Regional Directors partner with a number of teams at LEE to bring the best resources to members in each community. They collaborate with our national expert teams at LEE in Elected Leadership, Policy, and Advocacy/Organizing to bring national support in these areas; they partner with our LEE Leadership Development and Design Team to develop programming in support of our members; and they work with our partner organization Teach For America to maximize our members' impact on the ground. The Regional Director serves as the face of LEE and the primary point of contact for members in the Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio region. LEE is looking for a strategic leader with strong relationship building skills and success in community organizing to serve as our Regional Director in Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio. The Regional Director will be charged with growing the individual and collective leadership of our members to achieve educational equity for all children in Dallas-Fort Worth and San Antonio. The Regional Director will report to a Senior Director of Field Engagement.
◦ Build a power base for students and communities that begins with getting to know and inspiring the LEE membership base
◦ Understand the complexities of the political and education landscapes and help members understand the role they can play in achieving educational equity
◦ Develop the individual leadership of our members in politics, policy, advocacy and organizing through coaching, leveraging LEE programming and ongoing support
◦ Apply the skills of community organizing to develop the collective leadership of our membership base to take meaningful actions – determined by those members – on behalf of students and communities
Collaborate with Teach For America staff and LEE to ensure that data and insight from regions and members inform ongoing strategy and related materials
Skills and Experience:
◦ Bachelor's degree required; Graduate degree preferred
◦ Minimum 5-7 years' work experience
◦ Demonstrated skills and background in community organizing and movement building preferred
◦ Track record building local networks and partnerships with a diverse community of leaders and to create change with these partners
◦ Must have exceptional knowledge of the political and community climate in Dallas-Fort Worth or San Antonio
◦ Demonstrated skills and background in one or more of the three leadership development priorities of the organization:
◦ Experience coaching others and playing a role in their long-term development is a plus
◦ Deep passion for improving educational outcomes for all children within the region
◦ Excellent communication skills
◦ Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, prioritize time, and manage implementation of plans in fast-moving, changeable environments
Benefits and Salary:
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer With A Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Please go to http://educationalequity.force.com/careers/