The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of some 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The CSIS Middle East Program seeks an energetic and organized Program Manager to start immediately. The successful candidate will be a team player, possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The position reports directly to the Director of the Middle East Program.
The Program Manager is responsible for coordinating the CSIS Middle East Program's strategic operations as well as day-to-day logistics. The position requires diplomatic skills with a range of internal and external interlocutors. It includes a wide portfolio of responsibilities including Program outreach; budget maintenance; administrative staffing; event and conference management; layout and website management; intern recruitment and management; and participating in special projects. Substantive knowledge of the Middle East is a plus, though this is not a research or writing position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage day-to-day Program logistics and administrative support
- Draft Program correspondence, respond to inquiries, and manage other Program communication
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of meetings, events, and conferences
- Staff program director including scheduling, media requests, expense reimbursements and travel
- Communicate with senior U.S. and foreign government and private sector interlocutors, donors, and partners
- Manage intern selection process and supervise interns' day-to-day activities and responsibilities
- Develop, monitor, and review project budgets and annual program budgets, and analyze monthly accounting statements
- Maintain, manage and analyze contact database through Salesforce software
- Review, edit, and provide feedback on project proposals
- Build and maintain strong relationships with other CSIS departments including Congressional Affairs, External Relations, and Finance & Accounting
- Help assess outreach efforts and devise new strategies to reach ,key audiences, including media and Congress
- Identify new sources of funding and liaise with foundations and corporations
- Assist in maintaining Program webpages
- Assist in editing, layout, and dissemination of program publications
- Manage execution of special projects
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A./B.S. minimum 2-3 years management/administrative experience
- Strong interest in global affairs and the Middle East
- Passion for convening meaningful conversations on Middle East issues
- Sound judgment, maturity, and discretion
- Strong initiative and follow through skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, track, and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with senior-level interlocutors
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate across different cultures
- Exceptional attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong ability to organize and coordinate all aspects of high-level events and engagements
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee working in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a résumé, cover letter, and college transcript at https:csiscareers.silkroad.com.
1616 Rhode Island Ave. NW
Washington, DC, US 20036
Application deadline:February 28, 2017
Start date:March 1, 2017
Employment type:Full Time