Girls Inc. of Greater Los Angeles, Full-Time Program Leader
About the position:
The Program Leader must be professional, creative, flexible, fun, able to teach a diverse array of concepts, and able to communicate with both students and adults. Above all, this person has the ability to spark curiosity, creativity, and confidence in all students. The Program Leader is responsible for implementing the Girls Inc. Experience for up to 20 students per class in a school-based environment.The Program Leader will deliver an intentional school-based youth development program to increase girls interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) subjects, physical fitness, life skills, self-esteem, athletic identity, and academic success. Provide STEM, health, and sports instruction, and provide general academic enrichment and support.
- Plan and deliver daily academic enrichment lessons for up to 20 students per class.
- Develop curriculum for academic STEM (strong focus on hands-on Science), physical fitness, life skills and enrichment activities.
- Create a safe, respectful youth development based learning environment.
- Create and review weekly lesson plans with the Program Director prior to delivery.
- Create lesson plans that are culturally relevant for a diverse population of students.
- Organize classroom to facilitate independence and self-control in students.
- Participate in occasional evening or weekend events with participants and their families.
- Work closely with Program staff and school staff to track participants' progress.
- Supervise and support adult and teen volunteers.
- Work as a team member with Executive Director, Program Director, and other program staff.
- Communicate regularly with families, teachers, and volunteers.
- Maintain organization of classroom and communal supplies and paperwork.
- Effectively utilize prep time to prepare for activities and classroom observations.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with elementary students required.
- Experience working with diverse families and communities required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to work with children, teachers, and volunteers.
- Ability to manage up to 20 students in a safe, respectful environment.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to bend, lift, and move up to 20 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- 4-year degree or related work experience
- Department of Justice clearance based on fingerprinting submission
- Proof of TB test within the last two years
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
No phone calls.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
9800 S. La Cienega Blvd.
Inglewood, CA, US 90301
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified