The MNADV is a statewide, private non-profit seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and reliable professional to support the Executive Director and organization's staff. The Office Operations Manager is responsible for cultivating a professional and productive office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Crisis Intervention and Information/Referral
- Respond to crisis calls and information/referral requests from domestic violence survivors, concerned individuals, service providers and allied professionals.
- Respond to, manage, and refer telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from professionals and the public about domestic violence.
Office Operations Management
Vendors, Supplies, and Equipment
- Manage, maintain inventory, and make approved purchases of office supplies.
- Serve as a liaison for vendors and building management.
- Manage and maintain equipment and software, including repairs and purchases.
- Manage vendor files; obtain estimates and contracts; research products and services.
- Coordinate with the IT consultant.
- Manage and process checks and electronic payments, bills, invoices, and receipts; oversee expenses and track payments; assist with the preparation for the annual audit; assist with other financial matters as needed.
- Manage the language line, including billing, payments, and communications with programs and the vendor.
Human Resources and Personnel Benefits
- Manage personnel health, vision, dental and 403(b) benefits and assist with payroll.
- Manage mailings and shipments, including publications.
- Manage correspondence for members, donors, and professionals.
- Manage event registrations, donations, and memberships.
- Enter data as needed, and assist with the website and other communications.
Coordination: Meetings, Conferences, Events, and Fundraising Activities
- Schedule and prepare for meetings, trainings, events, and conference calls.
- Assist with meetings, conferences, event planning, and fundraising activities.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop, implement, and improve administrative functions related to the organization's projects and activities.
Assist the Executive Director
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Crisis counseling skills, preferably with domestic violence and/or sexual assault survivors.
- At least 2-4 years relevant administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Customer service experience with strong written, verbal, and active listening communication skills.
- Experience working with financial management and/or human resources.
- Strong internet skills and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, responsible, reliable, professional, able to work as a team member, and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and take initiative.
- Must have a commitment to social justice issues; women's issues or domestic violence preferred.
- Must be able to drive a car to attend periodic meetings or events.
- Must be able to lift boxes of supplies.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Position is on-site, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- MNADV-paid health insurance and short-term disability for the employee.
- Access to employee-paid dental and vision insurance.
- 11 paid holidays; 20 days of accrued, paid combined leave (sick and vacation).
- Option to contribute to a 403(b) retirement plan.
- Mileage reimbursement for periodic, approved statewide travel.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter as attachments in PDF format to Michaele Cohen, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "MNADV Office Manager" and then your first and last name in the email subject line. Applicantions that do not follow these instructions will not be reviewed.
Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A criminal background check is required. Only applicants who have been selected for an interview will be notified.
4601 Presidents Drive
Lanham, MD, US 20706
Employment type:Full Time
Salary range:45,000 - 48,000
Salary:FLSA Status: Non-Exempt