The Prospect Park Alliance is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with City of New York and the community to restore, maintain and operate Prospect Park, Brooklyn's flagship Park. The Alliance cares for the natural environment, preserves historic design, and serves the community by providing public programming and Park amenities. Recently, the Prospect Park Alliance completed Lakeside, the most ambitious project in Prospect Park since its creation. The 26-acre redesign of the southeast corner of the Park features the LeFrak Center at Lakeside, designed by the architects Billie Tsien and Tod Williams in collaboration with the Alliance, which provides seasonal ice skating, water play and a café, as well as the restoration of the surrounding landscape.
Prospect Park Alliance is currently seeking a part-time Office Assistant to provide administrative support for all activities in the Operations Department. The Office Assistant must be self-motivated; posses strong organizational skills; must have the ability to interact clearly with the public in diverse circumstances and provide effective communication with others.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the public, staff, and all levels management.
- Maintain a system for tracking responses to customer concerns and follow up correspondences.
- Performs general clerical tasks including photocopying, scanning, filing and conducting inventory and to ensure that information is accurate and easily retrievable.
- Coordinate purchasing with vendors including but not limited to product research and price comparison; organize orders and delivery of products and services; provide physical inspections of products and services when needed.
- Create check requests to Finance department for managers to review and approve.
- Maintain records and files for all purchasing, invoices, accounts received and accounts paid.
- Prepare, distribute and conduct surveys and reports.
- Put in order managers trips tickets and phone logs.
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, attend meetings and assist as necessary with other departmental needs.
- Other jobs duties may be assign.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college is preferred, but not required.
- Administrative and or office environment experience strongly preferred.
- Skilled in computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Efficiency, courteous and professional.
- Must be self-motivated posses strong and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver's license and the ability and willingness to drive Park vehicles.
95 Prospect Park West
Brooklyn, NY, US 11215
Employment type:Part Time
Professional level:None specified
Benefits:Tax-deferred 403(b) plan.