The Immigrant Defenders Law Center (ImmDef) is a next generation social justice law firm that provides legal representation to Southern California's most marginalized immigrant communities. The leadership staff of ImmDef has been involved in providing pro bono legal services and education to immigrants and their families in Los Angeles for more than 15 years. Please visit our website at www.immdef.org.
ImmDef seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant for its Adult Representation Project. The Administrative Assistant will work under the supervision of the Directing Attorney to provide administrative support for the Project's attorneys who provide direct representation to adults with mental health disabilities in the immigration removal system. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for sending and receiving correspondence; maintaining court calendars, scheduling appointments, and meetings; daily scanning of incoming and outgoing documents; preparing check requests and tracking monthly Project expenses; translating documents and interpreting at client meetings (as needed); filing and picking up records at the court; as well as routine tasks like data entry, maintaining paper and digital files; and drafting standard documents.
- High School Diploma or GED is a must; associate's degree preferred;
- Exceptional organizational skills, time-management skills, and attention to detail;
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Typing speed ability: 35 words per minute;
- Experience working in a start-up non-profit and/or at a public interest law firm is helpful; Demonstrated ability to work within a high-volume, busy law office is a plus;
- Spanish language fluency required and will be tested at time of interview;
- Passion for social justice for immigrants required;
Location: Our office is located in Downtown Los Angeles.
Hours: 40 hours/week per position.
Salary: $15 per hour, commensurate with experience + generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, sick and vacation time, 11 paid holidays/year, and one paid week off between Christmas and New Year's Day.
How to apply: Email resume, cover letter and at least two references to email@example.com. Please write LAST NAME_firstname_ADMIN ASSIST Application in the subject line. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Immigrant Defenders Law Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
634 South Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA, US 90014
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified
Salary:$15.00 per hour
Language proficiency:Spanish Fluency required and will be tested at time of interview.