The URJ Kutz Camp in Warwick, NY, seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented, and highly-motivated individual to join our professional staff team as our Senior Assistant Director. For more than fifty years, Kutz Camp has been the Reform Movement's teen-only leadership development residential summer program serving congregations of the URJ. Kutz Camp has also built a dynamic year-round retreat business, which continues to grow exponentially. The Senior Assistant Director will play a critical role in summer camp operations, marketing and communications, cultivation and care of off-season retreat business, and serve as our American Camping Association (ACA) and safety compliance officer.
Year-Round Responsibilities as Kutz Camp Senior Assistant Director
- Kutz Retreat Center
- Strategic planning that leverages a business acumen to support the growth of year-round retreat business
- On-site coordinator of all off-season retreats, including seasonal staff hiring
- Manager of purchasing by creating a system that tracks inventory and is forward-thinking in ensuring the plant has what it needs in advance
- Upkeep of Kutz Retreats website, blogs, videos, email, etc.
- Recruitment, Marketing & Public Relations
- Recruitment of participants and staff
- Travel for recruitment efforts
- Year-round communications calendar and social media oversight
- Responsible for the Kutz website and social media outlets for content
Summer Responsibilities as Kutz Camp Senior Assistant Director
- Staff Training and Supervision
- Partner with the Director in developing and implementing staff orientation
- Supervision of the Camp's seasonal staff
- Deeply connected to camp program
- Logistics coordinator for camp special events
- Coordination of recruitment materials
- Summer staff payroll
- Serve as camp Security Officer and ACA Accreditation officer
- Bachelor's degree required, plus a minimum of 4 years of professional experience post-college.
- Ability to work with and supervise people from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiar with the goals and mission of the Union for Reform Judaism, NFTY, and the Kutz Camp.
- Understanding of NFTY's Thirteen Principles, the guiding values of URJ Kutz Camp.
Please note: This position will be expected to work out of both our 1 W4th Street NYC and Warwick, NY locations.
1 W4th Street
New York, NY, US 10012
Employment type:Full Time
Benefits:Generous paid time off, Medical, Dental, 403(b), Life Insurance