Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area is a dynamic mentoring agency that provides Bay Area youth with professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships. We are seeking a full-time Bilingual Customer Relations Specialist to support incoming participants to our program. This is fundamentally an administrative position that also includes customer relations engagement of volunteers, families and local community organizations. If you want to work alongside a great group of co-workers in a professional, yet relaxed, agency environment, then please keep reading!
This position is the first point of contact for all participants in the program, and has the primary responsibility of ensuring that everyone receives an engaging, positive and personalized experience with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bay Area.
- Effectively guiding volunteers and parental contacts from the point of first contact to active enrollment in the program, keeping them engaged and helping to eliminate any barriers interfering with the enrollment process
- Responding to all inquiries from volunteers and parental contacts in a prompt and informative manner
- Accurately tracking and maintaining recurring contact with potential volunteers and families who have not yet begun the enrollment process
- Accurately entering information into the agency's database
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences (or related field) required
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) REQUIRED
- 3 years' experience in customer relations and/or administration strongly preferred
- Previous experience with child and/or adult relationship dynamics; professional familiarity with child development issues; family function/dysfunction; and interpersonal communication a plus
- The candidate selected for this position must pass a background check
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in technical areas such as Microsoft Office (Salesforce a plus)
- Accurate data-entry skills
- Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone
- Ability to relate well in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to use time effectively, focus on details, adapt to shifting priorities, and position and promote opportunities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff and community partners
- Able to use time effectively and work independently
- Comfortable with high performance standards
This is a permanent, full time position with a starting salary of $40K, a great benefit package, flexible daytime hours, and occasional weekend hours. The position is located primarily in our San Francisco office, and may require occasional travel within our 5 county region.
649 Mission St. 5th Fl.
San Francisco, CA, US 94105
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified
Salary:$40,000 annual salary
Language proficiency:Fluent is Spanish REQUIRED