IHI is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Recognized as an innovator, convener, trustworthy partner, and driver of results, we are the first place to turn for expertise, help, and encouragement for anyone, anywhere who wants to change health and health care profoundly for the better.
As an integral part of the IHI team, the receptionist is the first point of contact for IHI guests, customers, and vendors. He or she builds and manages relationships with these visitors, as well as IHI staff. The role provides assistance and guidance to these groups as needed. The receptionist is also responsible for office product ordering, mail distribution, and the company-wide MBTA transit pass program. The receptionist may also provide administrative support as needed for the Customer Service, Executive Assistant and Human Resources' teams.
- Greet all IHI guests, and ensure that all visitors are greeted by their hosts in a timely manner or are shown to their correct destinations.
- Develop relationships with IHI visitors and clients, including IHI fellows and board members.
- Manage the process of ordering and arranging office supplies, and ensure that all staff follow the process.
- Administer and manage the MBTA t-pass program.
- Act as liaison with IHI's vendors.
- Notify facilities coordinator of any building problems relayed by staff.
- Handle paycheck distribution for internal and remote staff.
- Responsible for retrieval and distribution of incoming mail and packages.
- Provide administrative support as needed for the Customer Service, Executive Assistant and Human Resources' teams.
Position Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely reliable; dependable
- Self starter, works well independently with little guidance
- Ability to juggle different projects, set priorities, etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Composure in high stress situations
- Previous work experience in a professional environment preferred, reception experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
IHI will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, political belief or activity, or status as a veteran.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Areas of focus:
- Cambridge, MA, US 02138
Application deadline:July 26, 2017
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified