Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking Athletic Instructors for elementary, middle, and high school expanded learning programs. Program athletics include, but are not limited to basketball, soccer, volleyball, football, handball, track/field, baseball, golf, tennis and cheerleading, mixed martial arts, fitness, etc. The desired incumbent will create and develop recreation programming as well as coordinate and implement competitions/tournaments at the designated school site. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create safe and exciting recreational programming exercises and workout plans.
- Submit weekly lesson plans by established deadlines.
- Provide athletic instruction and supervise up to twenty students.
- Conduct outreach to promote athletic programming and maximize student participation.
- Maintain student enrollment and attendance to meet minimum grant requirement.
- Maintain required student enrollment and attendance to meet grant requirements and maximum participation throughout the duration of program.
- Adhere to appropriate dress code, sportsmanship during program activities.
- Attend evening and weekend tournaments/competitions/games as required.
- Comply with CA After School Physical Activity.
- Comply with California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and NFHS Regulations (high school programs only).
- Promote school spirit, positive competitiveness and teamwork among students.
- Work in collaboration with the afterschool Site Coordinator and Athletic Project Specialist.
- Attend required trainings, workshops, and monthly meetings on and off-site.
- Document attendance records for practices and game participation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, parents, and participants.
- Establish and maintain communication with HS Athletic Project Specialist.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines.
- Promote student safety in sports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in education/kinesiology, or closely related field or current enrollment in accredited college or university with credits completed in athletics, physical education/kinesiology, or closely related field.
- Must provide college or university transcripts demonstrating fulfillment of coursework requirements or that they are in progress.
- One or more years of after school program (K-12) and athletics instruction or coaching experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience with creating tournaments and competition participation.
- Knowledge of lesson planning and classroom management.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and deadline oriented.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive at work site at scheduled time consistently.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check (LiveScan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment with children.
- Must present proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days prior to start date.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid certification within 90 days of employment.
Part-time, partial year. Primarily after school hours; schedule varies per school site.
6464 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA, US 90028
Employment type:Part Time
Professional level:None specified
Salary range:15 - 17