The Manager, Communications and New Media, assists the Council staff in the creation and dissemination of materials to advance the organization's communication and marketing efforts. This individual provides social media, web, graphic design, writing, and editing support and assists in general technical and administrative services, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree and at least two years of experience developing, writing, editing, and overseeing the publication of print and electronic materials, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- At least two years of experience creating and editing web pages and executing social media.
- Strong ability to write, proofread, edit, and appropriately contribute to National Health Council websites, publications, and other materials, and attention to detail is a must-have skill.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of and experience with health care is a plus.
- Computer proficiency, including word processing, social media sites, web design (specifically Drupal), graphic design software, spreadsheet and graphing, and database software.
- Experience with CRM system a plus.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team player. Excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working with the news media (print, electronic, and Internet-based).
- Knowledge of HTML preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafts and assists in editing news releases, reports, articles, member messages, weekly newsletters, and other materials as directed. Maintains and updates the NHC graphics files.
- Routinely creates and updates NHC web pages and other electronic-based materials, such as newsletters, email templates, infographics, and web forms.
- Interacts with vendors for website services and assists staff with projects related to the web and CRM.
- Is the lead contact for NHC's information technology vendor and assists staff with technical issues as needed.
- In consultation with the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Relations, develops and implements a social media plan to advance the NHC's messages and programs.
- Responds to inquiries about, and requests generated from, NHC websites and general public inquiries, including serving as a point of contact with reporters.
- Serves as staff liaison for the Communications Affinity Group (supporting the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Affairs).
- Provides clerical and administrative support as needed.
- Fills in for the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Affairs as required.
- Undertakes special projects, as assigned by the Senior Director of Marketing, Communications, and Public Affairs.
1730 M Street, Suite 500
Washington, DC, US 20036
Employment type:Full Time