WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from "me" to "we." Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE seeks a dynamic Motivational Speaker and Leadership Facilitator who will represent the organization by delivering motivational speeches to a variety of youth audiences, engaging them in action for global change, as well as facilitating our action planning sessions, leadership camps, and (potentially) our overseas volunteer trips through our partner organization ME to WE. This position resides in the Youth & Educational Programming & Leadership Department, which develops and implements programming that engages youth and educators in learning and action (raising funds and awareness) in support of WE Villages' community development work overseas and other local issues.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the[[http:WE.org|WE.org]] Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE's leadership center in Arizona, but is a predominantly travel position to states across the US. This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
- Develop a dynamic speech(es) that makes use of multi-media resources to engage youth of all ages, as well as educators and other adults, that will elicit involvement with WE Charity; Independently deliver inspiring and motivational speeches and action planning workshops to schools and community groups across the US.
- Attend and present at various conferences, workshops and forums on behalf of WE;
- Prepare and travel independently to speaking engagements, often outside of standardized office hours
- Help to plan the logistics around the delivery of speeches and workshops with other Outreach team members;
- Coordinate and complete administrative tasks relating to outreach activities;
- Follow-up with students and educators to encourage action and participation in our programming;
- Track expenditures;
- General office and administrative work;
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization, leaving all with a positive perception of the organization and its staff;
- Facilitate leadership and social justice programming for youth at our Arizona leadership Center and other national and international ME to WE locations.
Reporting and Relationships:
- The Motivational Outreach Speaker and Facilitator will report directly to the Director of Leadership and Operations in Arizona.
What you bring:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Political Science, International Development/Relations or another relevant field;
- Experience with public speaking and facilitation;
- Passion for social change and a demonstrated ability to engage others in a compelling fashion (fundraising or marketing experience an asset);
- Experience mentoring or working with youth an asset;
- Positive and professional attitude and ability to work as a team player, welcoming feedback and contributing to the department's team spirit;
- Sound understanding of human and children's rights issues at local, national and international level;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative;
- Able to research, write and deliver speeches and presentations that include information on Free the Children's projects and campaigns;
- Exceptional oral communication skills, as well as strong writing skills;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher);
- Resourceful, self-motivated and energetic;
- Demonstrated flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges; possess a valid state driver's license
- Must be eligible to work in the US and travel into Canada when needed
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Patagonia, AZ, US
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:Entry level