Who We Are
Teach D.C. is a partnership of leading not-for-profit D.C. charter school networks working to bring great teachers into the classrooms where they're needed most.
With strong, independent oversight, over the last twenty years the D.C. charter sector has become one of the most mature and effective in the country. Few cities compare with D.C.'s commitment to education excellence. D.C. is at the forefront of community-led efforts to eliminate the achievement gap and give all students the opportunities that come with a great education. Join a dedicated community of men and women who share your passion for improving the lives of children in D.C. Apply today.
Who We Want
Great teachers do more than boost student achievement. They change lives. We are looking for educators:
- With interest working with underserved communities: Experienced teachers who have taught at high-performing charter schools. New teachers who have experience working with young people in urban settings.
- Who understand of the importance of academic rigor: Our schools are committed to challenging students and delivering engaging, Common Core-aligned instruction.
- With diverse backgrounds: As role models to our students, we value teachers with a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences.
- With a desire to learn and grow: As we become better educators, our students reap the benefits.
Benefits of Teach D.C.
Educators are the lifeblood of our school communities. We are working to make our schools a place where teachers can learn and grow throughout their career.
Salary and Choice: Few cities compare with D.C.'s commitment to education excellence. D.C. leads the nation in teacher salaries and school choice, making our region an ideal place for new and experienced teachers to find the school and classroom right for them.
A Range of Opportunities: Instead of hunting down vacancies school by school, with a single submission, aspiring, new, and experienced teachers can share their resumes with school leaders at 31 schools, raising your chances of finding the right fit for you and your career goals.
Teach in a Great City: D.C. is a remarkable place to live and to teach. D.C. has 50+ free museums and cultural attractions and almost a quarter of D.C. residents speak a second language besides English.
A Commitment to Students: While all our schools have their own unique cultures, we share a commitment to partnering with families to meet the needs of the whole child: academically, socially, and emotionally.
If you believe great teachers do more than boost student achievement, then we want to meet you. Apply today.
Qualifications and eligibility for Teach D.C.:
- Must have bachelor's degree by July 31, 2017
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Areas of focus:
- Philadelphia, PA, US
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified
Salary:Approximately $48,000-69,000 plus comprehensive benefits