Founded in 2006, Rocketship Education (www.rsed.org) is a California-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation whose mission is to eliminate the achievement gap by building a national school system of K-5 charter schools. Rocketship Education is the leading public school system for low-income elementary students. In pioneering its transformative public school model, Rocketship has delivered exceptional academic results through a focus on developing outstanding educators, empowering parents to advocate for their children and communities, and individualizing instruction for all students.
Rocketship strives to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetimes by partnering with cities, school districts, and communities across the US that share a similar sense of urgency. By bringing Rocketship schools to thousands of low-income students and inspiring other public school systems to adopt similar practices for high-quality, scalable impact, this ambitious goal is attainable.
The Occupational Therapist will work across multiple Rocketship school sites under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of ISE. Rocketship Occupational Therapists are responsible for providing both direct and indirect support to students, families, and staff members in order to ensure high quality programming for students with disabilities.
This position will be a school-based role in the designated regions on a full-time basis.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead specialized assessments related to sensory-motor development; write quality, compliant assessment reports
- Attend IEP meetings; present assessment findings to the team
- Develop IEP goals and objectives, as well as treatment plans
- Assist in the implementation of assessment recommendations as needed
- Work with parents to build knowledge of disability and inclusive support for students with disabilities
- Assist in providing in-service training to parents, teachers, administrators and other professionals and paraprofessionals
- Assist in providing consultation and advisement to administrators, teachers, and parents regarding the general and special educational programs as appropriate
- Assist in coordinating, communicating and seeking consultation with community agencies as appropriate
- Provide support and guidance to the organization as a member of the ISE Network Support Team
- Maintain a compliant practice
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the appropriate administrator
- Must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in occupational therapy from an accredited four-year college or university and have a valid license of proficiency in occupational therapy services issued by the California Board of Occupational Therapy
- Experience working with elementary-age students (preferred)
- Experience working with students with a range of disabilities (learning disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, autism, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Embrace the mission of Rocketship Education
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a work environment that is still evolving.
- Perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks: maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedule and compliance deadlines.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license: willingness to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments as you will be required to travel from site to site to work with students and faculty at all sites
Areas of focus:
- Milwaukee, WI, US
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified