Job posted by: Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston
Posted on: February 7, 2014
JF&CS Services for Adults with Disabilitiesare grounded in the belief that all people with disabilities should live with dignity in the community and enjoy the rights afforded their peers regardless of their differences. JF&CS is committed to providing services for people with disabilities and their families that reflect the values of individual autonomy, community inclusion, and care continuity. JF&CS is non-sectarian, and welcomes staff and clients from all faith traditions
Position Description: The Pathways to Employment Program Coordinator works in our expanding donor funded program with individuals with mild to moderate developmental disabilities and psychiatric needs instructing, counseling and supervising them in soft skills including, but not limited to: communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, enthusiasm/attitude, teamwork, problem solving/critical thinking, networking, personal care, time management, self-advocacy and other areas identified in their individual plans. The Program Coordinator works with participants in groups and 1:1 to train and develop these independent work skills in both classroom and integrated community settings.
Job duties include:
• Effectively present participant training items/curriculum.
• Provide coaching to participants during community volunteering.
• Develop strong relationships with current and potential community partners. Be a liaison between the community partners and Pathways to Employment Program.
• Ensure safety and provide comprehensive assistance to clients 5 days a week including integrating adults into the community & participating with individuals during internal and community based activities/groups.
• Conduct vocational assessments, baseline and periodic skill development assessments, and other assessments according to protocol
• Communicate effectively with program staff and individuals associated with consumer services, in a collaborative team effort.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
Job Location: Brighton
Compensation/Salary Range: Salary range is $30,000-32,000 depending on experience.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, in a vocational or community integrated settings preferred.
• Excellent judgment, participant safety oversight, and clear/open parent communication skills
• Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills, both oral and written
• Valid Driver's License
• Ability to pass First Aid/CPR/MAP
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
To apply for employment opportunities, please reply to this ad and/or send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Jewish Family & Children's Service
1430 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451
Attn: Human Resources
JF&CS Waltham is going tobacco free November 21, 2013.
We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*PLEASE PUT THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MESSAGE*
keywords: education, SPED, special education, learning disabilities, LD, ED, BD, entry level, special needs, moderate, severe, behavior, ABA, behavioral, specialist, supervisor, advocate, paraprofessional, teaching, teacher assistant, aid, aide, metro west, Boston, student, employment, summer job, MAP Certified, educator, educate, social work, psychology, sociology, BSW, MSW, graduate, therapist, therapy, training, trainer, coach, teacher, assist, practicum, DMH, DDS, mental health, family, families, human service, nonprofit, non-profit, private, non profit, not for profit, counselor, counseling, residential, milieu, milieu, group, supervisory, program manager, medical, disorder, delay, MR, mental retardation, personal care, ADLs, activities of daily living, ISPs, individualized support plans, treatment plans, treatment, group living, supportive living, community living, independent living, support services, case management, supported employment, vocational, job coach, skills instructor, dual diagnoses, recreational, recreation, LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, MSW, MA, MS, direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, social worker, habilitation specialist, direct care counselor, human services, social services, social work, direct care, sociology, psychology, philosophy, peace studies, urban affairs, health sciences, health services, liberal arts, developmental disabilities, mental health, behavioral health, autism, behavioral, developmental, disability, disabilities, mental illness, Autism, autism spectrum disorder, ASD, Asperger, Intellectual disabilities, ID, IDD, Non Verbal Learning Disabilities, therapy Social Worker, masters level clinician, Brighton, Newton, Weston, Waltham, Allston, Cambridge, Lincoln, Belmont, Lexington, Watertown, Norwood, Walpole, Brookline