American Humane seeks a highly motivated Strategic Alliances Manager to build and maintain the American Humane Certified™ Program. This position works collaboratively with the Communications team and is based at American Humane's national headquarters in Washington, DC. The Strategic Alliances Manager reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Founded in 1877, American Humane is committed to ensuring the safety, welfare and well-being of animals. Our leadership programs are first to serve in promoting and nurturing the bonds between animals and humans.We are first to serve, wherever animals are in need of rescue, shelter, protection or security. Through our innovative leadership initiatives – from our "No Animals Were Harmed®" program in Hollywood to broad-based farm and conservation animal welfare certifications, to rapid response rescue and care across the country – American Humane sets the gold standard as the most visionary and effective animal welfare organization in the nation.
The Strategic Alliances Manager develops alliances and collaborations that expand American Humane's third party animal welfare audit programs in the farm, zoo and aquarium spaces. The Manager is responsible for securing external program development opportunities and maintaining and nurturing relationships with key leaders at certified and prospective institutions. This position plays a key role in developing and implementing outreach strategy as it relates to program growth.
- Develops strategic outreach opportunities for certification programs and staff.
- Provides opportunities for national and international spokespersons for the program, reflecting the mission and values of American Humane.
- Develops opportunities to expand the programs.
- Works to differentiate American Humane and our certification program from other third party certification programs.
- Works collaboratively with Communications team to develop outreach opportunities.
- Works with certified institutions to coordinate with their outreach and communications efforts.
- Seeks and delivers public speaking engagements, radio and TV interviews and uses social networking, coordinating public appearances with AH's communications strategy and Communications department.
- Provides stories, data and content for use by the Communications department on website, social media, appeals, funding proposals, projects and general public information.
- Ensures that all program and informational materials, trade show graphics and displays, and website are up to date and reflective of program standards
Essential experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Diversity of marketing and sales experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; active listening
- Adept at building collaborative relationships and demonstrating diplomacy with diverse constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective and timely solutions
- Ability to work with team members to implement annual program goals
Physical demands and work environment:
- Extensive travel, potentially to remote locations and international
- Exposure to barns with intensive animal production
- Exposure to bio secure environments, requiring donning of protective gear
Employees are expected to adhere to all organizational policies and to act as role models, demonstrating American Humane's core values:
Respect for all
Loyalty to mission
Honesty, integrity, trust
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
American Humane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, DC, US 20036
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified