The New York Common Pantry, the largest community based emergency feeding organization in New York City, is seeking a charismatic and outgoing Bilingual English/Chinese Case Manager for its Help 365 program. Help 365 is a Single Stop USA program that provides assistance with acquiring public benefits and acute emergency food assistance to meet the critical needs of all families and individuals-regardless of which borough they reside. Help 365 Case managers see new individuals and families and existing Pantry Members on a regular basis to screen for entitlements and/or benefits; assist with acquiring benefits such as Food Stamps, Medicaid, Public Assistance or Social Security Supplemental Income or make employment referrals; and provide assistance with accessing the appropriate resources to prevent families from being evicted from their homes. This job is a full-time position, the schedule for this position consist of Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM with some weekends.
- Process Intakes for all new clients of the NY Common Pantry and provide emergency food assistance.
- Screen all new clients using ACCESSNYC benefits calculator to assess eligibility for public benefits and/or entitlements.
- Negotiate which public benefits and/or entitlements will be acquired through Help 365 case management services.
- Confirm receipt of benefits and/or entitlements for each client, including Food Stamps applications through the Paperless Office System (POS) collaboration with the Human Resources Administration.
- Accurately enter data into all data tracking spreadsheets maintained by Help 365.
- Provide first time emergency pantry assistance.
- Process Pantry Memberships for ongoing supplemental food assistance.
- Process recertification and re-screening of benefits for Pantry Members annually.
- During pantry distribution, address membership card issues that may arise, i.e. missing cards or inactive membership cards.
- Maintain accurate and timely case records in client database.
- Participate in bi-weekly case managers meetings.
- Meet all program service goals as directed by the Social Services Program Manager.
- Work on other program-related activities as needed and assigned by the Director of Social Services.
Qualifications: All candidates must be English/Chinese Bilingual; A Bachelor's degree in Social Work or Human Services required; Requires a strong knowledge of public benefits/entitlements and systems; Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in a highly trafficked office; Must be computer literate; Knowledge of case management databases a plus; Strong clerical skills with typing at least 25 wpm; Must be comfortable working with diverse populations.
Areas of focus:
8 East 109th Street
New York, NY, US 10029
Application deadline:March 31, 2017
Start date:February 13, 2017
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified