Job posted by: United Way of Massachusetts Bay
Posted on: August 12, 2014
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is advancing the common good in our region by providing help today in ways that strengthen tomorrow. Our work ensures that children are ready to learn when they enter school, stay engaged in learning and graduate able to compete, and are nurtured by families that have the financial stability to support both their basic needs and future success. No other single organization has the scope, expertise and influence to bring together hundreds of human services agencies, government, businesses, private foundations and dedicated volunteers around a common vision of creating maximum impact and achieving long-lasting results.
Why United Way?
We all want to have the greatest possible impact on our community and the issues that we care about. Join the movement. Through United Way, you unite your hopes and strengths with others to accomplish more than any of us can alone.
STATUS: Part-time, Temporary position – 10 hours per week, September 2014-June 2015
Provide administrative and project management support for all aspects of the Financial Capability Capacity building program.
Work with UW Community Impact Director to successfully implement financial capability capacity building workshop series and financial coaching capacity building program:
• Maintain updated electronic distribution list of staff to be invited to the financial capability workshop series;
• Coordinate outreach, marketing and publicity for each workshop, including developing invitations, sending reminders and tracking responses;
• Work with presenters to coordinate any logistics such as equipment, materials or copying needed for the workshop;
• Ensure that all materials are sent to UW Office Services for copying prior to the workshop;
• Coordinate with program evaluation team to ensure that all surveys to be administered at the time of the training are available and are collected.
• Attend workshops and provide on-site support as needed.
Coordinate the collection of survey data related to financial capability programming at 8 area non profit agencies:
• Track surveys collected by agencies participating in the financial capability capacity building project to ensure that both baseline and follow up surveys are being completed accurately and on schedule.
• Follow-up with agencies to ensure that they are administering the surveys accurately and on schedule.
• Work with program evaluator to ensure that survey data are "analysis quality" and that surveys are completed according to the survey protocol.
• 3-5 years experience in administrative and/or project management, event coordination
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and electronic forms of communication
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.supportunitedway.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who
reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.