The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in five core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; diversity; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects). The Foundation seeks a Senior IT Service Engineer capable of assuming a wide range of responsibilities in the Information Technology department.
The Senior IT Service Engineer ("Engineer") reports to the Director of Information Technology. The Engineer is responsible to triage, assign and act on open tickets and work in collaboration with the Foundation's current IT outsource provider and other Foundation staff, consultants and/or service firms, to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. The Engineer installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of software, services, products and equipment. In addition, the Engineer trains staff, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. The Engineer determines and recommends which products or services best fit the staffs' needs. A wide degree of creativity, leadership, and latitude is expected.
Among the responsibilities, the Senior IT Service Engineer:
- Works in collaboration with the Foundation's current outsource provider to manage all aspects of the Foundation's IT incident and request management processes and related field operations.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of Foundation's ticketing system, field technology, infrastructure, related vendors and support services.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Foundation's IT provisioning, de-provisioning processes and related technologies.
- Initiates, develops/refines and implements standard operating procedures, guidelines, standards and related documentation as required.
- Maintains accurate, up to date, service catalog and inventory of the Foundation's IT hardware, software, services, access controls and security entitlements.
- Provides staff and others with training and guidance on the use of the Foundation's information technology and services as requested or as needed.
- Tracks and reports monthly on service level objectives (SLO) and other IT metrics such as: response time, resolution time, uptime, capacity, changes, and new releases.
- Perform IT (and telephony) hardware, software and/or services installations, repairs and configuration as needed.
- Provide all support necessary to close service events promptly, within the SLO and to the satisfaction of the staff.
- Provide timely, accurate and unambiguous updates to the ticketing system.
- Protect and advise on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the Foundation's information technology.
- Along with the Director of IT, lead, coordinate or direct the work of others including: engineers, interns and vendors.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested by the Director of IT.
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree or certifications in areas of specialty such as Microsoft, Cisco, A+, PMI-PMP, CompTIA.
- Experience in the following systems, applications and network hardware required: Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows 7, Office Suite.
- Knowledge or direct experience with a service framework such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library strongly recommended.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience in the information technology field working with enterprise-level technology infrastructure.
- Familiar with a variety of information system's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated technical skills in client/server environments (Microsoft), wide area networks, local area networks, storage area networks, email services, internet services, telecommunications and remote system management.
- Experience in the following technologies: TCP/IP, firewall and systems security, data backup, network and system monitoring, network switching and routing, disaster recovery, software distribution, strongly desired.
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to interact in a courteous and diplomatic manner with a wide variety of internal and external professionals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
140 East 62nd Street
New York, NY, US 10065
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified