Job posted by: Big Brothers Big Sisters of New York City
Posted on: February 5, 2014
Education: BA Required; MSW or Master's Degree Preferred
Experience: 2 years of social work experience preferred
Skills: Experience working with youth preferred, case notes, computer knowledge, organizational skills and writing ability; ability to manage programs and effectively work with clients. Bilingual Spanish PREFERRED
The Associate Program Manager will manage a caseload of mentoring relationships and provide supervision, family support, referrals, and advocacy. The Associate Program Manager will also create and maintain community partnerships and provide services to families in Coney Island, Brooklyn.
- Conduct client and parent psychosocial interviews, write clinical assessments and collect supporting information from collaborating agencies, schools, etc. to determine disposition based on eligibility, needs, goals, and/or acceptance for agency services.
- Match youth with adult volunteers in one-to-one mentoring relationships.
- Provide on-going supervision and support. Monitor one-to-one matches by phone and in-person meetings; maintain professional records of all case supervision contacts. Monitor closely for clinical and safety issues that may arise.
- Regularly evaluate matched clients based on agency guidelines and specific program goals to assess outcomes.
- Travel to satellite office in Coney Island, Brooklyn 2-3 times per week to provide services:
- Lead educational and recreational group activities and/or special projects for participating matches and parents based on emerging needs.
- Act as client advocate for youth and families including information and referral, crisis intervention, and short term counseling.
- Create and maintain partnerships with local schools and community organizations to conduct outreach presentations to recruit appropriate youth, and locate support services for youth and families served.
- Plan and participate in community events to help the community celebrate its strengths and resources.
- Act as liaison between matches and Marketing/PR staff.
- Perform other agency and program related duties as needed.
- Report to supervisor on program progress and professional performance.
- Supervise a caseload of 55 clients and volunteers.
How to apply: Please submit Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com Please put 'Associate Program Manager- Brooklyn Mentoring' in the subject line. Applications without cover letters will NOT be reviewed. EOE. No phone calls please