Rebuilding Alliance, a nonprofit organization, is looking for a Bookkeeper and Office Coordinator to help our organization grow and thrive. Our work, rebuilding war-torn communities and bringing the world together to make them safe, currently focuses on bringing Israelis and Palestinians together to help Palestinian communities rebuild and the advocacy needed to keep those villages standing in a time of crisis. We make a difference in the world. We are a small office looking for someone who is honest, reliable, a self-starter, and enjoys working as part of a dynamic team.
You'll work 2 days per week. Bookkeeping will include the following:
- You are responsible for all the typical QB activities you'd expect of a small business that is growing. Each week, you'll ready bill payments for the executive director's signature, pay bills on time, complete deposit reports and prepare deposits deposit slips and wire transfer payments.
- You will accept payments and perform month end closing activities, including reconciliation.
- A week before the meeting of the Board of Directors, you will prepare financial reports for review by the Treasurer and the Executive Director and discuss trends and cash flow with the Executive Director, project coordinators and Treasurer.
- You will work with the Executive Director to ready reports for RA's annual filing of the 990 tax forms
- You will call-in payroll each month
- You will assist the Executive Director in preparing forecasts and financial plans.
- In addition, you will help prepare an annual report, create budgets for grant proposals, and supervise bookkeeping interns.
- You will select new accounting software focused on Fund Accounting, working closely with the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator and the Board Treasurer to evaluate possibilities.
- You'll assist the Brighten the Future Coordinator and Fair Trade Products Team with counting inventory.
- a minimum of 2 years experience using Quickbooks,
- min. 2 years experience with [[http:Salesforce.com|Salesforce.com]] or a similar donor relation management program.
- proficient with MS Office;
- a California driver's license and insurance.
Experience in nonprofit accounting, retail sales a plus, and NetworkforGood donor management software a plus. Personal enthusiasm, optimism, and a sense of humor is appreciated. Some experience in html, Photoshop, and [[http:Salesforce.com|Salesforce.com]], a plus. Applicants who are multi-lingual are encouraged to apply, especially those who speak Arabic and/or Hebrew.
Also, all staff are required to work one Saturday every quarter when we call all donors, in preparation for the Global Giving Bonus Day competition
1818 Gilbreth Road Suite 243
Burlingame, CA, US 94010
Start date:February 20, 2017
Employment type:Part Time
Salary:starting at $20/hour
Language proficiency:Ability to read, write, and speak English is required. Applicants who are multi-lingual are encouraged to apply, especially those who speak Arabic and/or Hebrew.