Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate the logistical details for AJC's National Planned Giving and Bequest program of AJC's Development Department. Planned Giving is an important source of fundraising income for the long-term support of AJC's mission.
The Planned Giving Administrative Assistant does all this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Supporting the National Director of Planned Giving with donor relations responsibilities for AJC's planned giving donor society, the AJC Visionaries.
- Managing the donor acknowledgement process, organizing special mailings and coordinating quarterly briefings for the Visionaries.
- Researching donors and prospects for planned giving and drafting donor reports.
- Organizing planned giving marketing calendar and serving as liaison to the Marketing and Communications Department to facilitate production and distribution of promotional materials.
- Coordinating planned gift administration, including updating planned giving donor listings and planned giving donor and prospect hard and electronic files.
- Updating planned giving donor module on database and preparing queries for donor reports. Training on Raiser's Edge donor database software will be required.
- Working closely with Director on the administration and promotion of AJC's Charitable Gift Annuity program.
- Acting as liaison to Regional Office Directors and Regional Office Development Directors for planned giving campaign.
- Providing detailed administrative support to the National Director of Planned Giving including preparing and processing letters, documents, proposals and agreements for donors, attorneys, executors/trustees and AJC staff.
- Assisting Director in tracking charitable trust and estate matters including maintaining the schedule of estates/trusts in probate/administration.
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of internal meetings, events and programs. Assures that all of the logistics of each meeting or event are in place.
- Serving as liaison to lay leaders and to members of AJC National Planned Giving Committee and AJC's Investment Subcommittee, including attending meetings, taking notes, and distributing minutes.
- Attending and participating in select Development evening events as requested by AJC Managing Director of Resource Development.
- Attending Development Department staff meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is very detail oriented and well organized.
- Has a minimum of three years of experience in related work.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, administrative skills and proof reading skills.
- Is proficient in Word, Outlook and Excel. Working knowledge of Power Point is a plus.
- Has the ability and professional experience to multi-task.
- Enjoys challenging work.
- Is a team player and has a strong work ethic.
- Has a Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate.
- Has an interest in learning about Planned Giving and Development as a career goal is a plus.
- Previous law firm experience or working for a not for profit organization is a plus.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge database is a plus.
- Passion for AJC's mission is a plus.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Areas of focus:
165 East 56th Street
New York, NY, US 10022
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified