The Tennessee Justice Center, a non-profit, public interest law firm, is seeking an experienced Development Director. The Development Director position is a significant leadership position for TJC will work alongside the Executive Director, Fundraising Committee, and Board of Directors to meet organizational goals. This requires the ability to think broadly and strategically, as well as to be detail oriented and organized about the implementation and structures necessary to move the Center's vision into reality. This position is responsible for managing and significantly growing a robust fundraising program that raises over $500,000 annually through a combination of direct response, major gifts, corporate, and planned gifts.
- Manage TJC's business development and communications functions under the Executive Director's and Board's general supervision.
- Work with Executive Director, Deputy Director, Fundraising Committee, and Board of Directors to research, develop, implement and expand traditional and creative fundraising strategies and programs to meet or exceed the organization's fundraising and strategic plan goals.
- Manage and coordinate individual and event fundraising including institutional proposal development.
- Partner with program staff to develop and implement social and new media strategies.
- Oversee execution of all fundraising events to raise community awareness and meet or exceed event budget goals.
- Develop and implement a robust major gift program including corporate contacts and support in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Develop donor recognition plan in consultation with leadership and committee members.
- Oversee annual fund activities including events, direct mail campaigns, web giving, newsletters, social networking, and staff.
- Create and manage portfolio of major donors.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual comprehensive communications plan involving traditional and new media, marketing, publications, and outreach in order to increase engagement from donors, volunteers, and community members.
- Represent TJC in the community through speaking opportunities and events. Oversee volunteer speakers.
- Ensure development and maintenance of appropriate systems and reporting to facilitate donor engagement, research and cultivation, gift processing, recognition and event evaluation. Maintain accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Participate as member of the management team in leading the organization and participating in overall strategic planning and budgeting.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Supervise staff as determined.
- Other duties as determined.
- Minimum of 5-years fund development leadership experience.
- Fundraising achievements in major gifts cultivation and solicitation, corporate and foundation grants, direct mail, planned giving, corporate sponsorships and special events.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Dogged problem solver
- Team player with willingness to share projects and work cooperatively
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities (within the organization's overall mission) as our work is shaped by the dynamic needs of our clients
- Attitude to flourish in a small office
- Salary range depends on experience
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Long and short-term disability insurance (fully paid for by employer)
Applicants should send a resume, writing sample and letter of interest to John Orzechowski, Tennessee Justice Center, Fax: 615-255-0354, e-mail email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applications, TJC cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
211 7th Ave N
Nashville, TN, US 37219
Employment type:Full Time
Professional level:None specified