Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
International Men's Day (www.international-mens-day.com) was inaugurated in 1999 by Jerome Teelucksingh, Ph.D., a faculty member in the History Department at the University of West Indies in Trinidad and Tobago and Chairman of the International Men's Day Coordination Committee. Observed in over 60 nations throughout our global village, International Men's Day shares a 48-hour partnership with Universal Children's Day which is celebratedworldwide on 20th November of each year and is endorsed by the United Nations.
Observed in over 70 nations around the world on 19th November, International Men's Day celebrates the selfless sacrifices and invaluable contributions that Men make every day to our families, our communities, and our world. 2012 International Men's Day was observed in over 70 nations under the theme, "Helping Men and Boys Live Longer, Happier, Healthier Lives." The mission of International Men's Day is embodied in its six (6) Core Objectives – objectives which also serve as the foundation and framework for individuals and organizations throughout our global village who are observing this day in their own communities.
The six (6) Core Objectives which were established in 1999 by Dr. Teelucksingh, the Founder of International Men's Day are:
• To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but everyday, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
• To celebrate men's positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment.
• To focus on men's health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
• To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law.
• To improve gender relations and promote gender equality.
• To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full
The United States Coordinator for International Men's Day is Diane A. Sears who can be reached by e-mail at: email@example.com or by telephone at: 267-581-3963.