Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
Amnesty International is perhaps the best known human rights organization in the world. One reason for this is that while promoting all the rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Amnesty International retains a recognizable and clear focus for its campaigning based on a mandate to :
- free all prisoners of conscience
- ensure fair and prompt trials for political prisoners
- abolish the death penalty, torture and other cruel treatment of prisoners
- end extrajudicial executions and "dissapearances"
- opposes abuses by oppositions groups
- provide relief to needy victims of human rights violations.
Amnesty International also places great emphasis on three distinguishing characteristics that make it unique in the human rights world - membership, internationalism and credibility.
The Swiss Section's Web site is french and german speaking. Welcome.