The IRRI México International Internship Program provides young professionals a unique experience in the fields of appropriate technology development and dissemination. Our work aims to create economic and energy independence in local communities while increasing environmental sustainability and awareness. The skills and interests of each intern are matched with the needs and priorities of projects to create an individualized internship program. Positions are available in a wide range of disciplines reflecting the IRRI México's interdisciplinary approach. Interns will develop skills and generate experiences that will allow them to move into careers in sustainable development.
Candidates will be selected from universities from throughout the world, and will be selected based on the quality of their submitted application, CV, and a letter of interst describing your skills applicable to the role and interest in working with us.
If the paper application is successful, we will schedule a Skype interview and within 2 weeks we will let you know whether your application has been approved.
Please send a completed application CV, & cover letter to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internships range from three to twelve months in duration and are available in the following areas:
- Optimization and design of rainwater harvesting system and small-scale biodigester system components;
- GIS and data base management of installed systems;
- Field testing of system efficiencies and outputs, e.g. biogas and biogas filters, rainwater harvesting water quality, biodigester effluent;
- Monitoring technology adoption rates in beneficiary communities;
- Biodigester and rainwater catchment system installation, monitoring and maintenance;
- Development of educational materials, tools and programs for varying audiences for promotion and knowledge transfer surrounding appropriate technologies and sustainable development;
- Generating information that improves the quality, application and storage strategies of the bio-fertilizer effluent from biodigesters;
- Web design and digital communication and marketing.
The internship program does not carry a cost, but we require that interns cover their costs to arrive to Mexico City, and their room and board. We can assist in finding suitable accommodation ranging including homestays and hostels, and also arranging Spanish language classes if required.
Interns will have access to:
- Free attendance and transportation to IRRI courses in rainwater catchment, biodigester technology and solar photovoltaic installation (dates permitting)
- Coordination of transportation to and from the airport
- Orientation upon arrival
- Pre-departure materials
- In-country, English speaker coordinator available 24/7
- Certificate of program completion
- Professional development and mentorship
Program does not include:
- Room and board costs
- Round-trip airfare or travel to arrive to Mexico City
- Visa fees
- Required travel and medical insurance
Other Internship Opportunities: Even though we offer specific internship opportunities, qualified applicants may propose their own projects in various areas of study: Social, scientific, research, technical, etc. The applicant may send their proposed project with their application for approval.
Grants: IRRI understands that the cost of this internship may be a burden on certain applicants. As a result, qualified candidates may apply for grants to cover a portion of their expenses. Grants are limited to specific positions that are considered high-priority for IRRI projects. Applicants may send their grant petition with their application. The petition should include a short description of how winning this grant will be beneficial to both the applicant and the organization.
Visit us at: http://www.irrimexico.org/
or check out our facebook page at: http:www.facebook.com/pages/Instituto-Internacional-de-Recursos-Renovables-IRRI-M%C3%A9xico/313379254279
Or watch our youtube videos: