Posted on February 27, 2017
Job | Chicago, IL, US
We are hiring!
On any given night, more than 6,700 Chicagoans don’t have a place to call home. Tens of thousands more are just one unexpected setback away from joining them. All Chicago believes that these are our neighbors, this is our community, and together we can ensure that all of us have stable and secure homes.
Through our three signature programs, All Chicago effectively combines immediate resources with long term strategies to achieve one goal – to make homelessness history in Chicago.
- The Emergency Fund is our homelessness prevention program. Through our 32 partner agencies, we provide immediate financial assistance to people experiencing an emergency to ensure that short-term obstacles do not become long-term crises for individuals and families. We quickly provide payments on a person’s behalf for items like rent, utilities, or even bus passes. The Emergency Fund addresses the real and immediate needs of those at risk of homelessness or other forms of instability. In 2014, we served 5,105 households and distributed $2,709,413.
- The Chicago Alliance is our systems strengthening program. We bring together the critical elements necessary to tackle the complex social issue of homelessness – a community-wide plan and a broad group of stakeholders with the shared goal of ending homelessness in Chicago. The Chicago Alliance works to systemically change the root causes of homelessness in Chicago. In 2014, we partnered with more than 200 non-profits and government agencies and supported more than 20 committees to better coordinate city-wide efforts to prevent and end homelessness.
- The Learning Center is our resource program. We equip our community with tools and information that promote skill-building, best practices, and informed decision-making for those working on many aspects of housing and homelessness in the nonprofit sector. The Learning Center is a local resource for training in national best practices in preventing and ending homelessness. In 2014, we completed 92 trainings with 995 attendees.
Governed by the Board of Directors and managed by a CEO and Leadership Team, All Chicago:
- Quickly and efficiently provides financial assistance, tools and resources that bring stability to our neighbors in crisis and immediate danger of losing their homes.
- Partners with more than 120 housing and homeless services programs.
- Empowers individuals who were formerly or are currently homeless with the tools to become advocates and strategists in preventing and ending homelessness.
- Collaboratively develops and implements city-wide, long-term and sustainable strategies to prevent and end homelessness.
- Secures critical government funding for Chicago’s housing and homeless services system.
- Supports Chicago’s Continuum of Care in their decision-making and implementation.
All Chicago has an annual operating budget of approximately $5.5 million and relies on a combination of government funding and private philanthropy to support its annual programs and operations. Each year, 65% of the annual budget is funded through government contracts and 35% percent from the generosity of donors.
As the premier organization in Chicago addressing homelessness, All Chicago is focused on enhancing the collective action of our community to reach our important goal of ensuring that everyone in our community has a place to call home.