Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
POTENTIAL CAN'T WAIT. MENTORING WORKS.
Who We Are:
Chosen to Achieve is a school-based mentoring program that matches 6th through 9th grade African American students with caring adult mentors who offer support and guidance to help them succeed in school.
Goals & Philosophy:
- To create a system where African American students connect to caring adults who offer emotional support and direction as they pursue academic success.
- To fill service gaps and expand service options as we focus on the unique needs of African American students.
- To maintain system change and sustainability within our schools as we establish an ongoing support network that is inclusive and youth-centered.
- To increase hope, motivation, and academic achievement in African American students
- Building relationships at all levels of the program (from the community and school level to the mentor-student relationship)
- Relying on collaborative relationships to share the risks as well as the rewards.