Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
Background Information Community Action For Health and Development was founded in the year 2004 as a Community Based Organization by a group of minded young persons in the development mainstream as a means of doing service above self by championing for the rights of underprivileged, children, young persons, and the poor in our community for empowerment and equity.
It was realized that this organization must also address the plight of children that were left behind the widows as orphans and the vulnerable children who were left to yonder after the death of their parents. Therefore, the organization is currently focusing on issues that affect the growth and development of the youths, the children and other vulnerable and disadvantaged community members' in Homa-Bay municipality. Who we are
CAHED is an independent not-for profit community Based Organization (CBO) registered with Ministry of Gender, Sports, Children and Social services. The organization geared towards the abolition of child abuse and neglect and empowerment of the youth and other disadvantaged person's .We are working with the orphans and vulnerable children, girls and women, the youths and the most vulnerable communities of Homa-Bay County which is part of 47 counties forming Kenya. It is located in the south western part of Kenya along Lake Victoria.
It borders Kisumu County to the north across the lake, Migori County to the south and Lake Victoria to the west. It is located between longitude 34º E and 34º 20" and latitudes 0º 20"S and 0º 52"S. The County covers an area of 8,056 km² exclusive of water. The county comprises of 16 islands, 5 District with the two biggest islands Mfangano followed by Rusinga. The water mass covers an area of 1,190 km .²
CAHED aimed at the Economic Growth and reduction of Poverty, all kinds of abuse, youth empowerment and education and sustainable environmental conservation among its priority agenda.
• Education for orphans and vulnerable children
• Environmental conservation and management
• Youth entrepreneurship and social economic empowerment
• Youth and sports
• HIV/AIDS awareness support and management
• Organizations system strengthening capacity
• Urban Agriculture
• Reproductive health care and youth friendly services
Our Core Values Education to OVCs; holistic comprehensive care and support to PLHIV, Equity and Justice; Mentorship; Inclusiveness; Accountability; Empowerment; and Mutual respect
1. Motivate the orphans and vulnerable children, and adolescent girls to be top achievers throughout their lives.
2. Create an enabling environment within the slum community through provision of packages of HIV intervention to address specific problems, towards OVCs, their foster parents, adolescent girl's education and women living HIV.
3. Work with adolescent girls to promote children's rights & gender equality.
Our approach and beliefs