Our mission is to ignite the spark in girls to be science and technology leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
Girls robotic Program 9 to 14 get to:
■ Strategize, design, build, program, and test an autonomous robot using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
■ Create innovative solutions to challenges facing today's scientists ■ Develop career and life skills including critical thinking,
time management, and teamwork ■ Become involved in their local and global community
Our robotics program is part of The FIRST LEGO® League (FLL) which is an international robotics program in which teams of young people aged 9-14 assemble and compete robots (based on the LEGO Mindstorms kit) designed to accomplish tasks associated with a real-world "Challenge."
During the competition season, teams design, assemble and program a robot to perform a set of defined tasks related to a real-world issue that represents the theme for that year's competition. Teams are also required to conduct a research- based Project related to the issue/theme for that year's competition. The Challenge culminates in local, qualifying, and state/provincial tournaments in which teams present their Projects and compete their robots for a variety of awards. Reflecting the program's goals of promoting both interest in science and technology and a sense of "gracious professionalism" (i.e. the ability to work cooperatively, even with competitors), the judging and awards at the tournaments include a focus on teamwork and cooperation, as well as on design and robot performance
Our science conference are for grades 5-10 young women. Many members of this community volunteer their time and support to make this conference successful. The purpose of EYH Conferences is to encourage young women to persist in studying mathematics and science, thus expanding their future career options. The goals of the conference are:
• To provide young women with opportunities to meet and interact with positive women role models who are active in math and science related careers;
• To involve young women with limited opportunities for success in positive experiences in mathematics and science;
• To increase the interest of young women in math and science by providing exciting and fun hands-on learning experiences;
• To encourage young women to study as much math and science as possible by showing them the benefits of education and its relevance to their lives;
• To foster awareness of career opportunities in science and math related careers.
Out Enlightened Mothers, Empowered daughters event help mothers and daughters develop a lasting Bond With their Daughters and Help Shape Her Future as a Competent,Compassionate Adult.
In this fun-filled and illuminating day you will learn how to:
- Create "moments of connections" to form a bond that will withstand the trials of the adolescent years and evolve into the magical mother-daughter relationship you've always dreamed of.
- Build an unshakable mother-daughter bond that opens the door to lifelong open and honest communications.
- Enjoy an amazing opportunity to boost your daughter's confidence and self esteem and help her develop into the happy, confident teen you know she can be.
- Tap into your own creativity so you can recognize and achieve your own greatness.
- Spend time getting to know the amazing girl that is your daughter.
- And Much More!