Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
The Fort Collins Municipal Railway Society (FCMRS) works in partnership with the Fort Collins Museum to restore and operate the Fort Collins Municipal Railway, presenting a living history of electric public transportation in Fort Collins. We preserve, display, operate, and interpret streetcar service, and collect artifacts and information of an educational nature and of significance to the City's electric railway.
We strive to:
- Promote excellence in operating safely and in strict accordance with our - Operating Agreement with the City.
- Adhere to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Maintain the equipment, power supply and track in safe, attractive and functioning condition and as close to the historically accurate, original condition as practical.
The FCMRS is an all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization staffing these functions:
- Elected officers and board of directors
- Conductors, motormen and depot agents
- Equipment and right-of-way maintainers
- Crew scheduler/dispatcher and charter coordinator
In addition to directors and staff positions, our volunteers perform regular line maintenance, maintain operating equipment, manage membership information and souvenirs, write and publish our Trolley Fare newsletter, manage public relations with the City and local news media, and maintain these Web pages. Directors are elected for two-year terms at an annual meeting each January.