For over 30 years, our pediatric hematology and oncology physicians have provided the very best in comprehensive care, education and research for the children of South Texas.
Our staff, led by a group of world-renowned physicians, is dedicated to enhancing your child’s quality of life through specialized treatments, research, innovation — and most importantly, compassion.
Nationally and internationally recognized as the BEST.
- We are the only nationally recognized hemophilia treatment center in the region, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- We are one of only 11 sites in the nation that has partnered with the Pediatric Oncology Experimental Therapeutics Investigators’ Consortium, also known as POETIC, which promotes early clinical development of promising therapies for children and young adults with cancer and related disorders.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked University Hospital best in the San Antonio region four years in a row.
- As a member of the National Cancer Institute initiative of international oncology, doctors from around the world are sent to University Hospital, Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Center and the Cancer Therapy & Research Center to be trained.
- We are recognized by the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas for expertise in hepatoblastoma as well as other liver tumors in children, hereditary cancers, cancer genetic risk assessment and counseling.
- Dr. Greg Aune was invited by the National Cancer Institute director to serve on the NCI Council of Research Advocates for the Precision Medicine Initiative.
- We are the regional expert for complicated disorders with a team that has international expertise focused largely on immune disorders.
As the only academic medical center in San Antonio and South Texas, University Hospital is home to a wide range of specialists skilled in treating children with any form of cancer or blood disorder. Additionally, our physicians from UT Kids collaborate with other world-renowned physicians to review and find solutions for the most complex cases.