Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
Our organization is a division within the American Psychological Association. As our website indicates, our division is "psychology's focal point for research, practice, and education on the lives and realities of LGBT people." The division was established in 1985 by psychologists who were concerned about the unethical treatment of lesbians and gay men by mental health professionals and researchers.
Our mission is...
(1) To advance the contributions of psychology as a discipline to the understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues through basic and applied research
(2) To promote education and training in matters of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues, including special issues associated with practice, research, education and training, and the public interest
(3) To promote the development and delivery of affirmative psychological services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
(4) To use psychological knowledge to advocate for the advancement of the public interest and the welfare of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
(5) To inform the general public about research, education and training, practice, and advocacy on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues