Founded in 1982, The Women's Lunch Place (WLP) provides a safe and comfortable daytime shelter for women who are homeless or poor. We treat our guests with dignity and respect, and foster a community committed to meeting each woman's needs.
The Women's Lunch Place provides more than 150 women and their children with nutritious and wholesome meals, plus an array of social, educational, and advocacy services six days a week, Monday through Saturday. These services include, but are not limited to, free on-site healthcare, art classes, a Resource Center, a nap room, and access to laundry and shower facilities, clothing, and other personal care items.
We also celebrate holidays and guests' birthdays with community-wide celebrations.
1. We believe no individual should have to be hungry or homeless
2. We believe all human beings should be treated with dignity and respect
3. We meet each woman where she is, and we base and adjust our services according to her needs
4. We offer our services in a gracious, comfortable and safe environment, offering both physical and emotional sustenance
5. We create a community of understanding and acceptance among guests, staff, volunteers and board members