Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
A Volunteer Coordinator IS NEEDED with strong communication, project management, strategic planning, organizational skills, and volunteer development. Motivation and enthusiasm for working amongst an interdisciplinary team in a dynamic, post-acute environment with persons who have sustained a brain injury is required. This is a volunteer position requiring approximately 10 hours per week for at least a year. This may be considered an internship for credit purposes. 6 months to 1 year experience in this or a related field coordinating volunteers/activities preferred.
WHO WE ARE: Nestled on a beautiful 35 acre wooded campus just outside of Lansing, Michigan, Origami is a nonprofit organization offering a continuum of care for adults who have sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Origami provides more than medical care. We work as a team, bringing together committed professionals who use a unique interdisciplinary approach and a network of community resources to meet the physical, social, spiritual, cognitive, and emotional needs of those who have sustained a brain injury. We focus on maximizing recovery, restoring quality of life and independence.
Our mission is to:
1) Treat persons with brain injury by using sensory motor reintegration and neurobehavioral rehabilitation in a supportive and home-like environment.
2) Utilize community resources and real life responsibilities as the basis or therapeutic treatment.
3) Operate a model program that generates excellent clinical outcomes with cost effective management.
4) Educate family, friends, employers, and the community to facilitate the reintegration of persons with brain injury into society.
5) Pursue scholarly development of innovative approaches to brain injury rehabilitation.