Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
HighBall Halloween 2013 - A bit Mardi Gras, a bit carnivale, a lot Halloween!
At it's core, HighBall is:
•A celebration of Columbus' creative talent
• A vital fundraiser supporting the initiatives of the Short North Arts District
Columbus' premier Halloween extravaganza. So big we had to close High Street to stage it! Two days of over-the-top celebrations. The best costume spying in Ohio. Thousands in cash and prizes. Electrifying stage shows and eye-popping street performances.
A mashup of Carnivale, Mardi Gras, Day of the Dead, Halloween and a New York runway show! Really.
• 5K Costume Zoom – Fun Run,
• Kid's Day costume contest and festival,
• Dogtober pet costume contest,
• Ohio State vs Penn State Tailgate and Watch Party (with a twist),
• Cinematic makeup artists,
• Costume Couture Fashion Showdown for professional designers,
• HighBall Costume Contest for everyone else!
• The Nina West stage show,
• Bands, DJs, and dancing in the street!
• Crafts and workshops.
• Hotel specials at the Hilton Columbus Downtown.
In six short years, HighBall has become one of the most talked about Halloween events in the Midwest. The key to its success has been the focus on celebrating great design. The signature of HighBall is an amazing runway/stage built directly on High Street.
Great food and beverages. Over 10,000 parking spaces within a 2-block radius.
Proceeds from HighBall Halloween are reinvested into the Short North Arts District. Profits help underwrite the programs and activities of the Short North Alliance, including: safety, district promotions, holiday campaigns, public art installations, parking management, and the strip's clean and beautiful campaigns.
The Short North Alliance is a registered 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization established to nurture the Short North Arts District as a vibrant, balanced residential, cultural and business community; and as a regional and national destination, by:
• Advocating for and connecting the Short North with all of Columbus
• Improving public space infrastructure, access to and mobility within the Short North
• Creating a dynamic environment conducive to the arts
• Collaborating on marketing and programming initiatives that benefit the Arts District
• Developing resources to accomplish the Alliance's goals
• Creating a clean and safe environment