Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
A Pioneering Step for Social Transformation
Underprivileged Societal Service and Helping Association (USSHA Foundation) is a research based development foundation established to generate an aggregated effort to alleviate developmental setbacks. "USSHA" is a Nepali word which means 'morning' that is perceived to be the best starter of the day. Likely, the name of the foundation itself mirrors the theme of the foundation - 'A pioneering step for social transformation.'
Nepal is a land of great natural beauty and its culture is rich in tradition and history. Ironically, it is a developing country due to its sober societal, economic and political problems. Acknowledging this fact, we set out on a quest to find real solutions to alleviate the problems faced by developing Nepal. With this insight, a vision was developed to establish an action-oriented foundation which could truly and efficiently serve the underprivileged.
The goal of the foundation is to create a society where every individual, no matter their class or economic status, will have access to the privileges and resources now only available to a select few.
1. To work for the equal and non-biased development of the underprivileged through youth-focused activities.
2. To create awareness among the communities on the topics such as education, public health, sanitation etc. related social issues, rights related issues, basic requirements for economic development, environment etc. all leading towards social transformation.
3. To work for the social entrepreneurship development as best way to address social development.
4. To build bridge between those in need and national and international NGOs, I/NGOs, donors and stakeholders in social development. These bridges will ease the way for appropriate access to the communities in need.
5. To work for the preservation and promotion of the important cultural, historical and natural assets of society through research, study and tourism development.
6. To conduct extensive action research for awareness, alleviation of the societal problems and development programs for the underprivileged in society.
7. To conduct associated activities with like-minded for sustainable development, peace, equality and prosperity in Society.