Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
Environmental Protection and Child's Right Awareness (EPROCRA) is a youth based non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in February 2006 by Bassey Edem and some youths who saw and believed in the same vision. This organisation was formed in order to protect the environment from all forms of disasters caused by human activities and also to make positive change on the lives of children and young people who are howling for aid in Nigeria.
The well being of the environment/children as well as the young people is a major concern to EPROCRA, in the sense that it is the environment that sustains life and children are the back-bone of tomorrow.
Our work focuses on environmental awareness, impact of HIV/AIDS on children and young people, violence against children/women, as well as child's right abuses.
We believe that access to social services such as education, health care, water supply and sanitation etc. has a major role to play towards development.
VISION: EPROCRA foresee a society free from environmental hazards and children/young people free from abuses and being conscious of their rights.
MISSION: EPROCRA's mission is to work for the improvement of the environment and child's right consciousness in Nigeria, through information sharing, early intervention, education, training and research.
1. To assist in the development and promotion of public awareness regarding child's right consciousness.
2. To build the capacity of youths in protecting and managing the environment.
3. To network with existing environmental and children NGOs to facilitate experience sharing and mutual support in order to reach out more effectively to target groups.
4. To enhance accessibility of social services to people and communities.
5. To promote social justice for children, young people and women in Nigeria.
6. To partner with NGOs locally and internationally, government agencies, private organisation and interested individuals to alleviate environmental hazards and child's rights abuses in communities.
7. To promote Human Rights and Gender equality awareness among secondary school youths and the society at large.