Hayat Theater was founded in January 2004 by an initiative group of artists, academics and Palestinians Professionals.
Hayat Theater aims at contributing to the development of an artistic, dramatic model and complementary that is in line with the culture, needs of the Palestinian community and enhancing the level of art work and drama in Palestine.
Hayat Theater Vision:
Hayat Theater aims at contributing to the development of an artistic, dramatic model and complementary that is in line with the culture, needs of the Palestinian community; and enhancing the level of art work and drama in Palestine.
Hayat Theater Mission:
Hayat Theater seeks to excellence in art works produced by developing local capacity working in the field of performing arts and attract new capabilities in addition to the mainstream of drama culture in Palestine.
Hayat Theater Objectives:
- Deepening the knowledge, needs and priorities of Palestinian Drama.
- Working to access Drama sources for various segments of the Palestinian society.
- Encouraging the creative work in the field of art performances.
- Developing the Artistic, technical and administrative capabilities of the artistic youth.
- Promoting and encouraging dialogue and communication among organizations and interested youth in art works and performances.
- Developing relations, cultural and artistic exchange with local, Arab and international organizations.
Hayat Theater Methodology:
Hayat Theater seeks to achieve its mission and objectives through:
- Planning and implementing programs, projects and productive activities in multi-drama sectors, focusing on drama and performance art.
- Networking and coordinating with the Palestinian and international cultural and artistic organization aiming at developing the Palestinian artistic youth and to benefit from various experiences.
- Developing Palestinian creative artistic speech which reflects the Human intellectual shifts in the history of the Palestinian people.
- Develop the rituals of watching the Palestinian play as well as investing new spaces to accommodate the effectiveness of the Drama activity and transform it from the spontaneously practice into an aesthetic Palestinian meaningful mission that reflects the reality and dreams of the Palestinian people.
- Providing spaces for the artistic youth for the democratic participation in expressing their feelings, ideas and dreams, in addition to providing the theater as a tool for the effective, competitive and impressive expression using the best communication means.
Hayat Theater Values:
- Commitment to the principles of democracy and the Palestinian independence accord and respect the rule of the Palestinian law.
- Commitment to accountability and transparency.
- Not to seek or accept the support that is incompatible with the objectives and values of the Palestinian people and contravenes with its struggle to achieve independence and self- determination.
- Hayat Theater is committed to the principles of the Honor Accord signed by the Palestinian non-governmental organizations (PNGO).
- Learning and continuation of development in the performances and programs of Hayat.
- Using all sources and available channels to develop the Palestinian Drama.
- Adapting the methodology based on participating in developing the mission, programs and work of Hayat.
- Sensitivity to gender.
- Encouraging the team work.
- Ex-changing information and experiences.
- To play a supplementary role and not to repeat or copy the work of others, through networking and coordination.
- Accept and respect for intellectual diversity.
- To approach accuracy, effectiveness and professionalism in the workplace.
- Flexibility and openness.
- Support and encourage voluntary work.
- Maintaining independence and objectivity and not to be funder-driven.
- Appreciation and Respect of creativity and initiative.