We are hiring!
To end domestic violence/abuse in San Mateo County through intervention and prevention. We provide comprehensive services to end the intergenerational cycle of violence.
Our Services All of our services are free, though we gladly accept donations.
• 24-hr Hotline in Spanish and English (650) 312-8515 and 1(800) 300-1080
• Emergency Response Program: The ERP is CORA's partnership with law enforcement. When there is a 911 domestic violence call to any police department in the county, the responding officer pages an ERP counselor who talks by cell phone to the parties involved. We also provide follow-up phone calls in English and Spanish one week later.
• Shelter and Transitional Housing: The only domestic violence shelter and housing services in San Mateo County. We have 22 shelter beds with up to an 8 week stay; 40 transitional housing beds with up to a 2-year stay for individuals and families impacted by domestic violence. Counselors speak English and Spanish. We also provide emergency overnight moteling and emergency transportation. As a part of the Housing program, CORA also provides: Child Supervision: Emergency child supervision for respite care and advocacy support. Children's activities provided to enhance early education. Family activities to support parent/provider-child dynamic. Life Skills & Self-sufficiency Workshops
• Counseling and Support Groups in Spanish, English, and Tagalog. We offer short-term counseling (4-6 sessions) and support groups. In addition, CORA also provides: Mental Health Services – Individual and family therapy Case Management Services Parenting Classes
• Legal Services in English and Spanish: Our team of experienced attorneys provides help with Restraining Orders and related family law matters. Our Legal Hotline (650) 259-1855 is answered live Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 am – 12 noon and 1 – 4 pm.
• Community Education: Trained educators provide workshops for any group in the county. Staff attend health fairs and community events to provide informational brochures and literature. CORA offers the following specialized programs in community education:
Healthcare Outreach Program: CORA provides training on the identification, intervention, and prevention of domestic violence in the healthcare and other social services settings.
Teen Outreach Program: CORA's team of educators goes in San Mateo County high schools to talk to teens about healthy relationships and dating and domestic violence. We also offer educational support groups for teens.
• Volunteer Outreach: CORA volunteers provide crucial services to our clients, staff, and programs on a daily basis. Our success rests with support from volunteers willing to donate their time and skills to support an abuse-free community; our clients as well as our funders require volunteer involvement of this level from people like you. There are many volunteer opportunities for direct and indirect service. To learn more about how to get involved, please call or email our Director of Programs, Cori Manthorne at 650.652-0800 x122 or email@example.com.