Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
The Southeast Community Research Center (SCRC) is a non-profit organization based in Atlanta, Georgia whose purpose is to serve as an active conduit for communities, researchers and academic institutions, using Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) in order to build a more democratic and healthy society.
The defined Mission of the SCRC is to:
• Create a research infrastructure that responds to community concerns with usable results in a timely manner
• Promote and facilitate research and investigation conducted by, with, or in response to communities throughout Atlanta and the Southeastern United States
• Foster the mutual exchange of expertise and skills between and among communities, researchers and policy makers
• Cultivate qualitative and quantitative research skills and knowledge producing capacities for creating, and participating in, democratic processes
• Develop a working appreciation for the unique characteristics of diverse populations and cultures in a rapidly changing global society
• Advocate for knowledge as a liberating force and source of power