Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
USC Gould School of Law is accepting applications for Director of Development.
The Director of Development (Devlopment Officer III) reports to the Associate Dean.
In support of the vision of the University and the Dean, the Director of Development cultivates and solicits donors to raise funds for the law school and the university overall to meet the campaign goals.
Job Responsibilities and Organization Support:
- Together with the Associate Dean, establishes annual and monthly donor visit goals (norm 15 visits/month) and financial performance goals (number of proposals submitted and solicitations closed quarterly) and is accountable for them and is evaluated against them.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 significant prospects, in the range of $500,000 to over $1 million, including strategy, cultivation, solicitation and the closing of key gifts. Moves potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure. Identifies and recruit other solicitors as needed (staff or volunteer) to close gifts.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with donors and volunteers. Identifies strategies for cultivation and solicitation. Reports on contacts with donors in RMATS and participates in regular prospect meetings. Provides stewardship to donors.
- Works with volunteers to solicit their support while also enlisting their help in identifying and cultivating prospects.
- Identifies new prospects from the alumni base and the community, and creates and implements cultivation and solicitation strategies for them.
- Participate in overall strategic planning for development program.
- Collaborates closely with co-workers in alumni relations and annual fund, career services, to support their efforts and also to ensure a smooth pipeline for donors. Coordinates efforts with other departments as needed, such as university advancement or other units.
- Supports colleagues in their projects as required and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attends events after hours and participates in visits in Southern California and travels outside the area as required.
USC values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups, are encouraged to apply.