Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: May 16, 2009, 7:08 PM
The Civics Education Network is a non-profit organization, which aims to promote a sense of civic responsibility among youth by supporting and improving political education in our public schools. In so doing, we hope to encourage student engagement and participation, both within and outside the classroom environment.
1. Provide professional development for teachers of civics and politics.
2. Develop resources for teachers.
3. Create links between governments, communities, and schools.
4. Create meaningful hands-on experiences for students.
5. Advance and improve the civics curriculum.