Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: July 12, 2010, 3:56 PM
Service and Learning with a Global Peace Perspective - Service For Peace is an independent nonprofit organization providing service and learning opportunities through community projects which promote transformational and sustainable personal and community development around the world. We build Communities of Peace by bringing together people and partners of diverse faiths, ethnicities, nationalities, generations, and cultures to address profound social needs by discovering commonality and genuine appreciation for differences – all through service. We believe that peace begins with the inner peace fostered by service to others and that active cooperation provides the foundation and the real hope for peace.
• Provide meaningful service and learning projects.
• Turn transformation into peacemaking.
• Build bridges and sustainable relationships among diverse groups of people.
• Reduce prejudice and discrimination.
• Break the cycle of poverty.
• Encourage participants & partners to think globally and act locally
• Promote peace with a global perspective.
• Provide a foundation upon which to build a definitive vision of peace.
"Peace … is our gift to each other." — Elie Wiesel