Right now we don’t have any job openings, volunteer opportunities, or upcoming events.
Log in or sign up to be among the first to know when new openings or events are added!
The Delaware Center for Justice, Inc. is a non-profit United Way agency, dedicated to creating a safer, more secure Delaware by seeking to achieve and preserve a high quality of justice. We fulfill our mission through an extensive range of programs and services, public education, research, and advocacy.
Over the years, the Delaware Center for Justice has been a vital part of:
• Helping establish the first probation and parole office
• Creating a separate facility for women offenders
• Establishing the first halfway house
• Supporting the Family Court Department of Services for Children, Youth, and Their Families
• Drafting the Delaware Victims' Bill of Rights
• Restoring voting rights for ex-offenders
• Strengthening the effort to promote successful adult offender reentry
• Developing and delivering gender-responsive services for girls at-risk or involved in the juvenile justice system in Delaware.
To meet our commitment to creating a safer Delaware, DCJ focuses on issues and actions related to several areas of concern in our criminal justice system. These include:
• Conditions of confinement
• Alternatives to incarceration
• Reentry initiatives for incarcerated populations
• More cost-effective and efficient use of limited corrections resources
• Legislative reform as it pertains to creating a higher quality of justice