Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: July 22, 2009, 1:21 AM
Working to create better access to quality health care and social services for the Bronx lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities!
FOUR NEW JOB OPENINGS NOVEMBER 2004
Go to our website, www.blghrc.org for more information about full-time and part-time jobs.
All our programs are free:
1. Smoking program for gay men, bisexuals, lesbians, and transgenders in the Bronx. Every Saturday at noon. Call for other meeting times. Quit, cut-down, or just come and talk about smoking.
2. Health Link Line (866-4-GAY-CARE) linking the Bronx community to LGBT-sensitive doctors and providers in the Bronx
3. Sexuality Matters: Trainings for Bronx health care and social service providers on issues related to culturally competent LGBT patient care and LGBT sensitivity.
4. HIV prevention, counseling, and testing for young men of color who have sex with men.
5. Support group Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. for lesbians and bisexual women only.
6. Youth Drop-In Program - M,T,W 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., "The Spot Next Door"is a safe and fun place for Bronx LGBT teens
7. BLISS (Bronx Lesbians in Sisterhood and Solidarity) for elder lesbians over 50 years. Third Friday social and health education events.
8. GurlZone: Women's Programs every Saturday - call us to see what the Gurlzone women's group for lesbian, bisexual and transwomen in the Bronx is doing this Saturday!
9. Health Promotion activities, including newsletters, workshops, and forums.