Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: January 24, 2013, 5:09 PM
Butakoola Village Association for Development( BUVAD) is a registered non profit community based organization in Uganda ( East Africa ) operating in Kayunga Sub county of Kayunga District .
Our Vision is to realize an improved standard of living for the people of Kayunga Sub County , Kayunga District and Uganda as a whole.
Our Mission is to promote human values for the people of Kayunga in Uganda such that they may realize their full potential towards development for a sustainable living.
We have volunteer and internship opportunities to each of our programs that include;
• Improvement of the educational status of the people in the focal areas through conducting sensitization workshops and teaching at community schools.
• Promoting the set up of innovative manageable income generating activities.
• Improving the health services in the focal areas in form of joining staff and re-enforcing resources at any of the partner health centers; Kayunga Hospital, Namagabi Catholic parish community health center, Ntenjeru Health Center and in the community health extension work.
• Promoting women and child rights advocacy.
• Helping to establish alternative sources of power in rural areas like Solar power, Biogas, and Thermal power.
• Help to support and care for the Orphaned – Vulnerable Youths and Children in and out of school.
• Help to provide housing for the aged and Disadvantaged in rural areas.
• Help in improving the water and Sanitation levels in Kayunga Sub County. Digging community wells and constructing public utility toilets.
• Help the micro Loan Programme take off
• Help farmers to profitably practice commercial agriculture.
• Help BUVAD widen its networking and partnership worldwide vision related agencies( proposal writers, fundraisers, project reporting and clerical duties)
• Help to set up the Sunflower cooking oil extraction mill 2010 and writing a marketing strategy.
A volunteer/intern to BUVAD's programs is a highly valued member to our project activities, however in support of the successful implementation of the set project activities he/she/they will be required to contribute US$200 per month or US$75 per week for project support and US$35 per week for feeding cost per week. You can also set aside some money to visit tourist attraction sites in your non working days. Modest accommodation and airport collection are free of charge. Visit our volunteer page at http:www.projectbuvad.org/
We now have a US registered fiscal sponsor organization with 501(c)(3) status, which enables BUVAD to receive tax deductible donations from its United States-well wishers and donors. You can also visit our website which is being upgraded at http:www.projectbuvad.org/ to learn more about us.
In case you might wish to support our work or project activities, you can make Tax deductible donations using paypal or a credit card at our donations web page http://cican-pdx.org/contribute.html
We also have an EU partner based in Belgium. Please contact us for more details.
If you are a donor and wish to donate your used and active vehicle, computer, digital still photo camera, video camera, scanner, photocopier, Fax machine, printer or other useful item please contact us through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org we eagerly await your kind support towards a noble cause to save the life of some one in need.
Visit or join us at our facebook group page for more updates at http://www.facebook.com/groups/buvad2000/