Nonprofit or community organization
Last modified: June 19, 2014, 7:04 PM
CourseWorld (http://www.CourseWorld.org) is a free library of the web's best educational videos in the arts and humanities. A not-for-profit initiative based in NYC, we want to make it easy for anyone to receive a world-class education in the classic liberal arts by giving everyone the chance to discover and watch exceptional content in one convenient place.
Our growing hub features more than 17,000 videos—all hand-selected, keyword-tagged, and indexed into more than 700 categories. A global grassroots project with a budget of $0, CourseWorld relies entirely on the efforts of freelance volunteers.
Spread the word; help build our library; assist in improving this free educational resource for students and lifelong learners worldwide. Join the global online education movement.
1. Everyone in the world deserves a world-class education for free.
2. Educational videos should be easy to discover and access.
3. In a world that glorifies celebrities, sports and music icons, politicians, entrepreneurs, and the like, it's time we turned teachers into rock stars.
4. Technology is only as good as the humanity behind it; people give meaning to platforms (e.g., via curating, categorizing, and crowdsourcing).
5. The liberal arts are core to who we are and merit the best resources we have.
Arts , higher education , Media , startup , e-learn , Research and science , Museums and history , Social enterprise , arts , education , humanities , music , liberal arts , literature , Volunteering , Library or resource center , E-Learning , art history , Education , online education , Education Non-Profit , classics , Technology